SCHHS is focusing on preserving Saline County’s history and our collections include objects, manuscripts, published resources, and photographic archives.
Saline County is one of the small number of counties with county records virtually intact; there have been no courthouse fires, although losses of records have occurred over the years through neglect. Transcripts and abstracts of many of these records have been published by the SCHHS over the years (see The Bookstore link above), both individually and for the benefit of SCHHS, and more are being compiled every day.
The society welcomes contributions of family records, public record transcriptions, and other information of interest to people conducting research on Saline County history or genealogy. Responsibility for the accuracy of information and for opinions, omissions, or factual error is that of the contributor. SCHHS reserves the right to edit any submission for style clarity, length, or interest.
Material can be submitted in any format. Hard copies should accompany all electronic materials submitted. Typed or handwritten pedigree charts and family group sheets are also accepted. Regardless of format, the information must be legible. Pictures should be black and white and should fit on an 8.5 x 11- inch sheet of paper with a one-inch margin.
The SCHHS Archives and Family Research Center is located at 123 N. Market Street in Benton, Arkansas. It is open for members as well as non-
- Alabama: 2015 Library Inventory
- Arkansas: 2014 Library Inventory – CD-ROMs
- Arkansas: 2014 Library Inventory
- Arkansas: 2014 Library Inventory – Counties
- Family Histories/Genealogies 2014 Library Inventory
- Louisiana: 2014 Library Inventory
- Mississippi: 2014 Library Inventory
- North Carolina: 2015 Library Inventory
- South Carolina: 2015 Library Inventory
- Texas: 2015 Library Inventory
- The Saline Index 1986-2012 [A-G]
- The Saline Index 1986-2012 [H-Q]
- The Saline Index 1986-2012 [R-Z]